A well researched safari taking us to the northern park of Samburu for a chance to catch the wildlife endemic to Northern Kenya followed by a taste of Mount Kenya at Bantu Mountain Lodge where a galore of activities await us. We the sample a popular Rift Valley Lake, Lake Nakuru, which is a Rhino Conservancy but also a ornithological paradise, before heading to Masai Mara, a world reknowned game reserve and a must visit destination for game lovers. The safari ends in Amboseli, a reserve located at the base of Mount Kilimanjaro on the Kenyan side.
Follows conventional tourist routes and include accommodation in budget hotels where these are available.
Day 1: Nairobi – Samburu
Leave Nairobi in the morning for Samburu Game Reserve.
1. On the drive see a pineapple plantation, coffee and tea farms, small scale farms and fresh vegetable and fruit markets.
2. See Mount Kenya peaks on a clear sky day.
3. Lunch at Bantu Mountain Lodge.
4. Cross the equator at Nanyuki and see a demonstration of the Coriolis Effect.
4. Afternoon game drive in Samburu Game Reserve.
Overnight at Samburu Game Lodge.
Day 2: Full Day Game Drive in Samburu Game Reserve
Our expert driver/guide takes you to various destinations within the Samburu Game Reserve.
1. Whole day of game drives in Samburu Kenya’s best known semi-arid parks.
2. Learn about endemic animals found – reticulated giraffe, Jackson hartebeest, gravy zebra and gerenuk among others.
3. Break for a swim at a lodge at midday.
Overnight at Samburu Game Lodge.
Day 3: Samburu – Mount Kenya.
Morning game drive as we leave the Reserve for a drive back to Mountain Rock Lodge for lunch.
1. Morning Game viewing in Samburu Game Reserve.
2. Lunch at Bantu Lodge.
3. Leisure options -horse riding, nature walks, colobus monkey search, boating etc.
Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 4:Mount Kenya – Lake Nakuru
Drive to Lake Nakuru National Park for afternoon game drive.
1. Game Drive in Lake Nakuru National Park.
2. Best chance to spot the rare and endangered White and black Rhinos.
3. Learn about the flamingoes
4. A chance to spot over 400 different species of birds.
Dinner and overnight in a campsite inside the park.
Day 5: Lake Nakuru to Masai Mara.
Morning game drive in Lake Nakuru then drive to Masai Mara Game Reserve.
1. Game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park and Rhino sanctuary.
2. Drive to our Mara Springs Safari Camp located just outside the main gate to the park.
3. Optional hike up the Naunare hills for an awesome sun downer
4. Optional bush dinner and Masai Dance entertainment can be organised
Overnight Mara Springs Safari Camp
Day 6: Take an extensive tour of the Masai Mara.
Leaving shortly after dawn, you spend the whole day driving through different locations of the Reserve, watching animals as they feed or groom each other. Take a short break from the mid day heat to have picnic lunch at the Hippo Pool where you can watch hippos gracefully swim or bask lazily. By the time you return to the camp in the evening, you’ve hopefully seen the elephant, the rhino, the lion, the giraffe, the hippo, the buffalo, the zebra, the leopard and a lot of other species including birds. An evening Maasai dance and cultural lecture around the campfire can be arranged at an extra cost. Dinner and overnight Mara Springs Safari Camp
Day 7: Early morning game drive, which is followed by a visit (optional) to a Maasai village (“Manyatta”) to learn more about the local people’s unique culture and lifestyle. Return to Nairobi arriving late afternoon. Overnight in a Nairobi mid-range hotel.
Day 8: Leave Nairobi early and drive southeastwards to Amboseli National Park. With its backdrop of the snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro (Africa’s highest mountain) and the abundant wildlife, Amboseli is a real spectacle. This is where you can see large herds of elephants and plains game, giraffes, gazelles, lions, leopards etc roaming the plains. Dinner and overnight bush camp
Day 9: Whole day on game drives in the park. Dinner and overnight bush camp
Day 10: Early morning game drive then return to Nairobi.